Monday 30th March 2020
- Here is your work for today.
- PE: Years 6 are encouraged to continue participating in the Joe Wicks online workout at 9:00am.
Alongside this workout, please have a go at one of the following PDF activities on Monday.
• Home PE Treasure Chest
• Home PE Battleships
- Please note that the comments function has been disabled on our YouTube Channel.
- Check out:
Work for Week Commencing 23rd March
Friday 27th March 2020
- Here is your work for today.
- Watch this week's Above & Beyond Assembly
by clicking on the Above & Beyond Badge.
- 9am PE with Joe Wix - scroll down for info
- Swaffield YouTube Channel - scroll down for link and subscribe to get notifications of new uploads
Please note that the comments function has been disabled on our YouTube Channel.
- Home Learning Page - scroll down for link
Thursday 26th March 2020
- NEWS: Transfer to Secondary School for September 2020
An update from Wandsworth Borough Council (WBC): For secondary transfer, as far as possible, WBC will continue to process applications, administer waiting lists and make further offers in the normal way. Communication with parents with parents will largely be by email rather than standard post. WBC will continue to send updates to schools by email and Swaffield will pass this to parents.
- Here is your work for today.
Wednesday 25th March 2020
Tuesday 24th March 2020
Monday 23rd March 2020
Starting Monday 23rd March Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) is going to be hosting a free workout aimed at kids LIVE on his YouTube channel every morning at 9:00am.
Follow the instructions below to subscribe to his YouTube channel and participate in his workouts.
Please understand that children are expected to complete exercise every day.
Encourage your children to participate!
Go to youtube.com
Search ‘Joe Wicks’ in the search engine
Click ‘Subscribe’ to The Body Coach TV
Enjoy the workout!
Year 6 is the final year in Key Stage 2 (KS2).
Children in Year 6 wear black sweatshirts to show that they are the oldest children in the school.
This gives our Year 6 children a sense of responsibility and a pride in being role models for the younger children.
School starts at 9.00am and finishes at 3.15pm.
This induction booklet for Year 6 contains useful information.
Classes And Teachers
|6 QUOKKA (Room 2A)||| Miss Halksworth|
|6 NARWHAL (Room 2C)||| Mrs Dangerfield|
SPRING TERM 2020
Our topic for the Spring Term is World War Two.
- Wednesday 5th February - SATS information session for parents: 3.30pm
- Wednesday 25th March - Trumpet Concert for Year 4 plus Year 5 & 6 continuers. 11.45am to 12 noon.
- Please ensure you check the key dates relating to secondary school applications, particularly for specialist places as applications for these are before the deadline for the main application.
Please visit our 'Moving onto Secondary School' page for information.
Letters and News
- Swaffield School app - please ensure you have downloaded and have signed up in the school app to ensure you are kept up-to-date with what's happening
Please ensure your child has the correct P.E. kit for their P.E. lessons and brings it in on a Monday and takes it home on a Friday. Trainers are essential for outdoor P.E and tracksuit bottoms are optional.
Homework will continue to be handed out on a Friday and should be returned on a Tuesday.
There is more information on our Homework page where you can find out more details of our homework policy, guidance for parents and also download some useful information to help you support your child at home.
Year 6 children are expected to read every night and to write a comment in their Reading Records. Take a look at the Reading List for Year 6 for some inspiration on what books to choose.
Supporting Your Child At Home
You can find some useful resources to help you support your Year 6 child at home on our Year 6 Revision page.
There is also some helpful information on our Homework page giving ideas to help your child.
Pupils in Year 6 take the following tests:
The Wandsworth Secondary School Tests in September.
These tests cover verbal and non-verbal reasoning and the children do a few practice papers in school to help prepare for these. You can also visit the Wandsworth Council website for more information.
Please continue to support your child with their homework and revision throughout the year in order to help prepare them for their SATs tests during the week commencing 11th May.
Please visit the Year 6 Revision page for resources to help you support your child.
Parents' Evenings are held in the Autumn and Spring Terms - a private 15-minute appointment with your child's teacher to discuss progress.
If you'd like to speak to the teacher at any other time, please contact the School Office to make an appointment.
Children in Year 5 and Year 6 may bring a mobile phone in to school. Please see the office staff for a permission letter, these need to be signed and returned to school before any phones are allowed in. Mobile phones may not be used in school and should be handed in to the class teacher for safe keeping during the day.
The deadline for applications for Secondary School was 31st October 2019.
Please see the information below and our Moving On To Secondary School page where you will find all information and a PDF version of the 'Choose a Wandsworth Secondary School' booklet .
Year 6 children were given the 'Choose a Wandsworth Secondary School' booklet in early September.
Information about Wandsworth Secondary Schools
- Year 6 children will be given the 'Choose a Wandsworth Secondary School' booklet in the first few days of term in September.
- Year 6 pupils are encouraged to visit as many schools as possible. Your child may accompany you on daytime visits, which are authorised and do not affect your child's attendance record.
How to apply
- visit the website: www.eadmissions.org.uk
- Or you can also use the link from Wandsworth Council's website: www.wandsworth.gov.uk/admissions
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you can request a paper copy from Wandsworth Council.
- Our Moving on to Secondary School page
- Wandsworth Council's Secondary Admissions page which contains information, the 'Choose A Wandsworth Secondary School' booklet and a link for online applications.
If you wish, you can send in a plate of fruit or donate a book to your child’s class and write a birthday message inside.
Swaffield is a 'Healthy School' and, as such, we do not allow sweets, chocolate or cakes to be brought into the classroom. This includes birthday cakes.
You may provide a plate of prepared fruit for the class to share if you wish.
If you wish you can buy a book to donate to your child's class and it will be inscribed:
"This book has been donated to Class ... to celebrate the birthday of ......... .........."
(It is always best to check the suitability of a particular book, with the class teacher, before you purchase it.)