Our open mornings will take place in the autumn term:
We are very happy to show prospective pupils and their parents/carers around our school at other times.
Please contact the School Office to arrange your visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or calling 020 8874 2825
Reception places for September 2020
Applications should be made via Wandsworth Council before the deadline: 15 January 2020.
Applications for a Nursery place should be made direct to us at Swaffield.
We’d be very happy to arrange for you to look around Nursery and the rest of our school just get in touch and we’ll arrange a convenient day and time.
This is our Nursery Admissions Policy which explains the criteria on which places are allocated.
Nursery Places starting in January 2020
- We are currently accepting applications for Nursery places to start in January 2020.
- If your child was born between 1st September 2016 and 31st December 2016 you can apply for a January start. Simply fill in this application form and email it to our Admissions Officer on email@example.com or you can drop it into school.
Nursery Places starting in September 2020
- If your child was born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 you can apply for a September start. Simply fill in this application form and email it to our Admissions Officer or drop it into school.
- The deadline for applications for a September start is 7th February 2020.
Further information about all admissions is shown below.
Choose a Wandsworth Primary School
You can read the brochure 'Choose A Wandsworth Primary School' here that explains admissions to Wandsworth Primary Schools for September 2020 here or click on the image below.
Admission to Reception Class is in the September of each year.
Children have to be 4 years old by 31st August to be considered for entry.
Wandsworth Council sets the admission criteria; please read the 'Choose A Wandsworth Primary School' booklet for full information about the admissions process and admission arrangements for each school.
If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, you can apply for a primary school reception year place for September 2020.
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2020.
How to Apply for a Reception Place
All applications for places in Reception upwards are processed through Wandsworth Pupil Services www.wandsworth.gov.uk/admissions
The deadline for your application form for a Reception place for September 2020 and any supplementary forms to be received by Wandsworth Council is 15 January 2020.
If you live outside of Wandsworth, you should apply through your home borough.
You should contact Wandsworth School Admissions with any queries in relation to applying for a Reception place:
Tel: 020 8871 7316
When Will You Hear about Reception Places?
Wandsworth Council will post the outcomes of applications for Reception places on 16th April 2020.
Children are admitted into the Nursery when they are three years old.
Places are either full time (9am to 3.05pm) or part time (either four mornings, 9am to 11.25am, + one full day OR four afternoons 12.40pm to 3.05pm + one full day) Monday to Friday.
All families in England with 3 and 4-year-old children are eligible for 15 hours of free childcare or early education for 38 weeks.
Full time places in Nursery are offered on the following criteria (as set by the government):
- Each parent (or the sole parent in a single parent family) will need to earn, on average, the equivalent of 16 hours on the national minimum wage per week, and no more than £100,000 per year.
- A family with an annual household income of £199,998 would be eligible if each parent earns just under £100,000.
- Self-employed parents and parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible if they meet the average earnings threshold.
You can check whether you are eligible for the government's 30 hours free childcare by visiting their website https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Please contact us if you have any queries in relation to applying for a Nursery place.
How to Apply for a Nursery Place
Applications for a place in our Nursery are made through the school. You can read and download our Admissions Criteria for Nursery Places for September 2019 here.
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION FORM FOR SWAFFIELD NURSERY in PDF format or
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION FORM FOR SWAFFIELD NURSERY as a WORD document.
The deadline for applying for a Nursery place for September 2020 will be February 2020.
When Will You Hear about Nursery Places?
We will inform parents of the outcomes of applications for Nursery places for September 2020 in March 2020.
What is Swaffield School Like?
Visit our Welcome page to see our school video
to get a taste of our wonderful school.
Read Swaffield's prospectus to find out more about life at Swaffield School.
Are You Looking For A Primary School That Offers...
- High standards
- A reputation for being a welcoming and caring establishment
- A commitment to provide a broad and balanced education accessible to all pupils
- High quality teaching that ensures all curriculum subjects are fully covered and is 'In a Class of its Own'?
You Are? Contact Us to Arrange a Visit
Please contact the School Office on 020 8874 2825 where a member of staff will answer the phone and be happy to arrange a visit to Swaffield.
We are very happy to show prospective parents around our school and we hold tours, by appointment, on Thursday mornings at 9am. Please contact the School Office to book.
Alternatively, you can e-mail us to book a visit firstname.lastname@example.org
Swaffield is a very happy school which is focused on pupils’ learning.
Parents are highly positive about the school and its work.
This in part is due to your high expectations of pupils’ work.
Extract from our last Ofsted report
OTHER YEAR GROUPS
We welcome admissions in other year groups, subject to availability, and would recommend a visit prior to application through Wandsworth Children's Services.
The school provides partial access for pupils with disabilities. This includes access to a disabled toilet and to the ground floor of the main school building with classrooms from Nursery to Year 1. The school's Accessibility Plan and policies on Equal Opportunities and Special Educational Needs & Disability provision are available under the Policies Section of this website. The governing body reviews these regularly.