Admissions - Nursery
We're very happy to show prospective pupils and their parents/carers around our school.
Please contact the School Office to arrange your visit:
Calling: 020 8874 2825.
Applications for a Nursery place should be made direct to us at Swaffield.
We’d be very happy to arrange for you to look around Nursery and the rest of our school - just get in touch and we’ll arrange a day and time that suits you.
Children are admitted into the Nursery when they are three years old.
You can find out more about Early Education in Wandsworth by reading this brochure.
Nursery Places starting in September 2020
- If your child was born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 you can apply for a September start. Simply fill in this application form and email it to our Admissions Officer or drop it into school.
- All families in England with 3 and 4-year-old children are eligible for 15 hours of free childcare or early education for 38 weeks.
- The deadline for applications for a September start was 7th February 2020.
Nursery places are Monday to Friday either:
- Full time (9am to 3.05pm)
- Part time:
- either four mornings, 9am to 11.25am, + one full day
- OR four afternoons 12.40pm to 3.05pm + one full day
FULL TIME NURSERY PLACES
Full time places in Nursery are offered on the following criteria (as set by the government):
- Each parent (or the sole parent in a single parent family) will need to earn, on average, the equivalent of 16 hours on the national minimum wage per week, and no more than £100,000 per year.
- A family with an annual household income of £199,998 would be eligible if each parent earns just under £100,000.
- Self-employed parents and parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible if they meet the average earnings threshold.
Check whether you qualify
You can check whether you are eligible for the government's 30 hours free childcare by visiting their website https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
How to Apply for a Nursery Place
The deadline for applying for a Nursery place for September 2020 was 7th February 2020 but please do get in touch if you would like to apply.
You should apply for a place in our Nursery directly through the school.
You can read and download our Admissions Criteria for Nursery Places for September 2020 here.
This is our Nursery Admissions Policy which explains the criteria on which places are allocated.
please complete an application form and return it to the School Office.
When Will You Hear about Nursery Places?
We will inform parents of the outcomes of applications for Nursery places for September 2020 on or before 3rd April.
WHAT IS SWAFFIELD SCHOOL LIKE?
Visit our Welcome page to see our school video and get a taste of our wonderful school.
Swaffield is a very happy school which is focused on pupils’ learning.
Parents are highly positive about the school and its work.
This in part is due to your high expectations of pupils’ work.
Extract from our last Ofsted report
We realise the importance of offering wrap-around care to parents.
We are pleased to offer Out of School Care before and after the school day for children at our school.
Sunrise and Sunset are available for children aged 3 to 11.
Sunrise is open before school from 7.15am to 9am
Sunset is open after school until 6.30pm
You can book as many or as few sessions as you require and we offer the flexibility of ad-hoc bookings too. Find out more here.