We are Leah Gwynne and Sumeet Pillai and we are
Co-Chairs of Governors here at Swaffield School.
Our job is to ensure that the business of the Governing Body is conducted properly and in accordance with legal requirements. we meet regularly with the Head Teacher
and take an active interest in what happens at Swaffield.
Contact the Governors
If you'd like to contact us, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us via the School Office
The Governing Body is made up of governors from all walks of life and includes:
- Head Teacher
- Elected parent governors
- Co-opted governors
- Local authority governor
- Elected staff governor
Key Governor Information
Our Governance Impact Statement for last academic year (2019-20) is currently being finalised and will be uploaded soon.
This is our Governance Impact Statement for the previous academic year.
Please see the table below that shows the Governors' Register of Interests and Attendance
Our intention in developing this plan is to set out and communicate our vision and long-term direction for the school, so that we are all clear on where we are going and what we are trying to achieve.
We are proud of the school’s achievements and values and look forward to continuing work with all stakeholders to ensure that we are all working towards a common goal with the children’s’ well-being and future prospects at the heart of everything we do.
The Governors' Responsibilities
The Governing Body has many specific responsibilities as defined in the School Governance Regulations and laid out in the school's Delegation File. These responsibilities include:
- The responsibility for the conduct of the school
- Setting targets in standards and achievement
- Statutory responsibilities regarding Special Educational Needs & Disability
- Ensuring policies relating to the school’s operation are prepared and are reviewed regularly
- Providing information for parents
- Financial management and meeting the SFVS
- Personnel matters, including staff appointments as appropriate
- Management and maintenance of buildings
- Pupil discipline and behaviour
- Monitoring and evaluating the activities of the school
- Drawing up an Action Plan after an inspection by Ofsted and overseeing its implementation
- The Governing Body delegates all of its functions to a committee and most of the day to day decisions to the Headteacher.
You can read/download our Governors' Code of Conduct here.
Are you interested in becoming a governor?
Then contact either myself or Ms Hamilton in the first instance and we can arrange to meet for a chat. There is always a need for dedicated and committed members of the public, the local community and parents to serve as governors supporting this wonderful school.
Swaffield Board of Governors
The members of our Board of Governors are listed below.
You can find out more information about each governor including the committees they serve on, the areas for which they are link governors, terms of office and the register of business interests or relationship with staff by opening this PDF document.
If you'd prefer a Word version, you can open one here.
If you'd like to have a paper copy of this document, please email the School Office on email@example.com or call us on the number at the top of the page.
- Ms Julia Hamilton
- Mrs Suzanne Davis
- Mrs Rosie White
- Mrs Leah Gwynne: Co-Chair of Governors
- Mr Sumeet Pillai: Co-Chair of Governors
- Mrs Jennifer Townsend [Chair, Finance & Resources Committee]
- Mr Jon Lane
- Mr Brendan Conway [Chair, Families & Community Committee]
- Ms Anna Pierssene
- Mr David Ring
- Mrs Hilary McElwaine
Local Authority Governor:
- Mr Yusuf Chadun (SEND Governor)
- Mrs Sue Medhurst
Clerk / Advisor:
- Ms Cheryl Andrews
Operational Committees include:
- Curriculum & Performance
- Finance & Resources
- Human Resources & Remuneration
- Families & Community Committee
Statutory Committees include:
- Performance Management
- Staff Discipline & Dismissals
- Pupil Discipline & Exclusions
- All committees report directly to the Full Governing Body.
- The Curriculum & Performance Meetings are also once a term and start at 5pm.
Meeting dates for Academic Year 2020/21
Autumn Term 2020
Curriculum & Performance Committee - Thursday 5th November at 5pm
Finance & Resources Committee - Thursday 22nd October at 6pm
Full Governing Body - Wednesday 25th November at 6pm
Spring Term 2021
Meetings will be held remotely this term.
Curriculum & Performance Committee - Monday 1st February at 5pm
Families & Community Committee - Tuesday 23rd February at 4.30pm
Finance & Resources Committee - Monday 22nd March at 5pm
Full Governing Body - Tuesday 23rd March at 6pm
Summer Term 2021
Meetings will be held remotely this term.
Finance & Resources Committee Extraordinary Meeting - Wednesday 19th May at 5pm
Curriculum & Performance Committee - Thursday 27th May at 5pm
Finance & Resources Committee - Monday 21st June at 5pm
Families & Community Committee - Wednesday 30th June at 4.30pm
Full Governing Body - Thursday 1st July at 6pm
Details for governors and their attendance for this academic year are in the table below.
Information and attendance for last previous academic year can be seen here: academic year (2019/2020)
Swaffield School Governor Attendance for academic year (2020/2021)