Aims & Values
Statement of Shared Aims & Values
Pupils, parents, staff and governors all have a part to play in making Swaffield a school of high quality.
Together we strive to maintain a stimulating and motivating learning environment for all.
- We aim to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children in our care by providing an environment in which they are safe and secure and can be supported in their physical and emotional needs.
- We aim to provide a happy and healthy school environment where children and adults respect each other and take responsibility for their own actions.
- We support a policy of inclusion, where there are equal opportunities for all.
- We will provide a curriculum that is broad and balanced, that will help children prepare for the opportunities and responsibilities that are needed for now and later in life.
- We expect everyone to achieve high standards of work and behaviour both inside and outside school.
- We will encourage the children to develop spiritually, morally, culturally, mentally and physically.
- We strongly believe that communication is crucial between all staff, parents and children and we will foster an ethos of openness whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
The Swaffield School Charter explains our rights and responsibilities at school.