Meet 'Team Swaffield'
There are over 60 members of staff employed at the school ensuring that every child at Swaffield matters.
Every member of staff matters too and we think that we have created a happy and safe environment where everyone can thrive.
The number of staff deployed to a class will vary depending on the needs of the children. Some teaching assistants will work with just one class and will be there for the whole school day. Others will support in a variety of classes. Some will also be helping to supervise lunchtime and be joining in with activities and games in the playground.
The day to day running of the school, and strategic decisions that will affect the future, are made by the Headteacher with the help of her Senior Leadership Team.
Senior Leadership Team
- Ms Hamilton (Headteacher)
- Ms Pierssene (Deputy Head)
- Mr David Ring (Deputy Head)
- Mr Dayal (Business Manager)
- Mrs Nejand (Phase Leader - Foundation Stage )
- Miss Widdowson - (SENCO)
- Miss Patel (Phase Leader Lower School: Years 1 to 3)
- Miss Halksworth (Phase Leader Upper School: Years 4 to 6)
Below you can see who works where around the school:
(T = Teacher) (SS= Various levels of Teaching Assistant support).
First names for staff are ONLY used by children and parents in the Nursery.
Aysha Chaudhry (SS), Sally Calder (SS), Theresa Tobin (SS), Sue Pavitt (SS - lunchtime)
Sun Bear (D) - Mr Parkinson (T), Mrs Mehiri (SS)
Gazelle (E) - Mrs Nejand (T), Mrs Watling (SS)
1 Lemur (F) - Mr Docherty (T)
1 Chinchilla (G) - Miss Deakin (T)
Miss Saxby (SS)
2 Chameleon (1F) - Miss Kelly (T)
2 Gecko (1G) - Miss Patel (T and Phase Leader Lower School)
2 Salamander (1I) - Miss Lane (T)
3 Tanuki (1D) - Mr McNulty (T),
3 Jaguar (1E) - Miss Yateman (T)
4 Nyala (2F) - Mrs Naldrett (T)
4 Ocelot (2G) - Mr Ashton (T)
5 Capybara (2D) - Miss Davidson (T)
5 Lynx (2E) - Ms Bennett (T)
6 Quokka (2A) - Ms Halksworth (T and Phase Leader Upper School)
6 Narwhal (2C) - Mrs Dangerfield (T)
Specialist Teacher Release Team
Mr Baxter (T & Computing), Miss Pittorino (T & PE Teacher), Mrs Sodeau (T), Mrs Grayson (T & Music)
- ELSA Learning Mentor - Ms Thakore
- Family and Community Liaison Lead - Ms Crolle
- Speech & Language Intervention Lead - Mrs Reggane
- Support/Intervention - Ms Blunden, Mrs Brace, Miss Sinclair, Miss Beazley, Mrs Shojaii, Mr Butcher, Miss Noonan, Miss Leroux, Miss Wright, Miss Dunton, Miss Keshtmand, Mr Todd, Mrs Morton, Mrs Boag.
- Playground Behaviour Mentor and Lead First Aider- Miss Ford
Mrs Boag & Miss Ford (Play Activity Leaders), Mrs Pavitt (SS), Ms Clarke, Ms Nicholls, Mrs Sheikh, Ms Wood, Ms Cummings, Mrs Janjua, Mrs Claasens
And many other support staff who are already mentioned above working around the school supporting children and teachers.
School Office & Premises Team
- Mr Dayal (Business Manager)
- Mrs Cox (Finance & Resources)
- Miss Amegah (Admissions and Educational Welfare Officer),
- Mr Eade (Premises Manager),
- Mrs Medhurst (Communications & Marketing Officer)
Out of School Care Team
Miss Tracy Ford - Manager
Mrs Shabana Janjua - Assistant
Mrs Sadeya Sheikh - Assistant
Miss Carmen Sinclair - Assistant
Mrs Anna Claasens - Assistant